Detecting and locating a leaking pipe
Excavation to expose an affected pipe
Repairing or replacing the damaged pipe
Repairing or replacing any damaged seals or joints
Cutting and welding to complete a repair
Restoration of the area disturbed by repair*
WHAT IS COVERED
SMUSA will arrange and pay for the repair or replacement of the Exterior Plumbing System due to normal wear and tear of a leaking, low pressure, or permanently blocked System. To be eligible, You must have sole responsibility of the System and it must support Your Residence. You must call SMUSA to arrange for service in order for repairs to be covered. See “How to Call for Repairs”. An Exterior Plumbing System is defined as the line that supplies fresh water to Your Residence from Your utility’s responsibility or external wall of Your well casing to the water meter or main shut-off valve inside Your Residence. Any part of Your Exterior Plumbing System beyond these linear limits will not be covered. Low pressure is defined as less than 30 pounds per square inch with two (2) or fewer fixtures open. The maximum benefit limit is up to $10,000 in cumulative coverage per Term.
Basic Restoration is included in the benefit limit. Basic Restoration is limited to an area that has been disturbed by the repair, is outside of the residence, and is under the sole responsibility of the homeowner. Basic Restoration is also limited to the reinstallation of any soft landscaping that was existing prior to the repair. Soft landscaping is hereby defined as soil, grass, shrubbery not exceeding five (5) gallons in size, paved surfaces, and trees not exceeding six (6) feet in height. There is no guarantee for the survival of any living materials disturbed by the repair. If the repair to your Exterior Water Line requires concrete cutting, the resulting trench will be patches with gravel and covered with concrete, cement, or asphalt, as appropriate.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
We will not be responsible for any of the following:
- Any Service Calls made during the thirty (30) day Waiting Period;
- Damages, losses and expenses, whether from negligence or otherwise, caused by: (a) You or any person or entity other than Us or (b) unusual circumstances, including a natural disaster, or an act of God;
- Consequential, incidental, or punitive damages arising from conducting repair work or as a result of the covered repair. For example, damages necessary to reasonably access the repair area;
- Any correction or upgrade of Your existing Exterior Plumbing System, not directly related to the necessary covered repair, in order to meet any code, law, regulation or ordinance;
- Repairs to any section of Your Exterior Plumbing System that You share with any third party or is covered by a homeowner’s association, including condominium or community associations;
- Repairs to any line that branches off the main line, including lines for sprinklers, pools, hot tubs, and/or other outdoor systems;
- Thawing of frozen pipes.
- Restoration to an entire paved surface in order to match color or texture;
- Any restoration not expressly stated to be covered. See “What is Covered” above.