Repairing the internal fuses or breakers
Fix the fan and limit controls
Corrections to relays and filter dryer
Repairing capacitors and circuit boards
Fixing the pressure switch and regulator valves
Repair or replace the condenser fan and motor
WHAT IS COVERED
SMUSA will arrange and pay for the repair of the electric central air conditioning system (“Cooling System”) due to normal wear and tear. To be eligible, You must have sole responsibility of the System and it must support the Residence. The following items are covered: Capacitors; circuit boards and internal fuses or breakers; condensate pumps; condenser motor and fan; contactor switches; delay timer; fan controls and relays; filter dryer; high and low pressure switches; limit controls; up to 1 pound of refrigerant (excluding maintenance recharges which are not covered); relays; transformers and valves. Any component of Your Cooling System not specifically listed as covered will not be covered. You must call SMUSA to arrange for service in order for repairs to be covered. See “How to Call for Repairs” below. The maximum benefit limit is up to $2,000 in cumulative coverage per Term.
If, despite Our reasonable efforts, Your Cooling System cannot be repaired due to obsolete or commercially unavailable parts or is deemed beyond repair by SMUSA, We agree to provide You with a prorated refund, less any claims paid by SMUSA.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
We will not be responsible for any of the following:
- Any Service Calls made during the thirty (30) day Waiting Period;
- Damages, losses and expenses, whether from negligence or otherwise, caused by: (a) You or any person or entity other than Us or (b) unusual circumstances, including a natural disaster, or an act of God;
- Consequential, incidental, or punitive damages arising from conducting repair work or as a result of the covered repair, such as, damages necessary to reasonably access the repair area;
- Any correction or upgrade of Your existing Cooling System, not directly related to the necessary covered repair, in order to meet any code, law, regulation or ordinance;
- Air ducts, a/c coils, registers, grills, asbestos coverings, balancing of system, wiring and parts external to the unit, compressors or chillers, condenser casings, condenser coils, evaporator coils, or metering systems/TXV valves, thermostats or thermostat wiring.